ICAR RCER Research Center for Makhana, Darbhanga
The Research Center started with following objectives
- To generate appropriate agriculture technologies which can help in raising the economic status of poor Makhana growers (downtrodden fisherman community) through higher yield, more and better employment, value adding to the commodity, improving socio- economic condition & efficient marketing and import.
- To conduct mission mode basic & applied research for overall development f the wetland areas adopting total system approach through enhancing productivity of water. Special emphasis is laid on minimizing drudgery of down- trodden especially woman folks engaged in makhana popping.
- To conduct basic, strategic and applied research for increasing the production, productivity and standardizing the processing technology.
- To serve as a repository of the agro-diversity and scientific information on Makhana.
- To disseminate, the improve technology of Makhana.
- To collaborate with relevant national international agencies for achieving the mandate.
Dr. Indu Shekhar,
Dr. B.R. Jana,
Dr. Manoj Kumar,